- SuperComputer – How it Works: we all have the same question what is supercomputer and how it works. here I will explain All About SuperComputer and also introduce you to world’s fastest supercomputer
Generally, we all are using normal computers and you also heard somewhere type of computer called supercomputer. so before Understand SuperComputer – How it Works let’s understand about computer process
SuperComputer – How it Works
a computer is a general-purpose machine that takes in information (data) by a process called input, stores and processes it, and then generates some kind of output (result). A supercomputer is not simply a fast or very large computer: it works in an entirely different way, typically using parallel processing instead of the serial processing that ordinary computers use. Instead of doing one thing at a time, it does many things at once.
The first official supercomputer was the CDC 6600, which was released in 1964. However, the idea of supercomputers began in the 1920s, when IBM tabulators were used at Columbia University.
What Is Parallel Processing
If you play games, you know that it require fast processor chip and RAM else it really goes slow down. Add a faster processor or double the memory and your computer will speed up dramatically—but there’s still a limit to how fast it will go: one processor can generally only do one thing at a time.
What is parallel processing: add more processors, split your problem into chunks, and get each processor working on a separate chunk of your problem in parallel.
fastest Super Computer
China’s Sunway TaihuLight is the world’s fastest machines.
Sunway TaihuLight, in the city of Wixu in China. A few statistics on TaihuLight:
- 40,960 64-bit, RISC processors with 260 cores each.
- Peak performance of 125 petaflops (quadrillion floating point operations per second).
- 32GB DDR3 memory per compute node, 1.3 PB memory in total.
- Linux-based Sunway Raise operating system (OS).